Interested in becoming a better bicyclist?
Want to supplement your fitness routine with spinning and biking?
Want to achieve a great physical fitness goal while making
positive, supportive friendships?
Women On Wheels of the North Country could be for you!!!
Women on Wheels is designed to improve women’s biking skills and endurance while making and maintaining supportive friendships.
Whether you’re a seasoned rider or new to biking, join W.O.W. to improve your riding and endurance.
- Monday Night Rides: Every Monday night through the riding season we ride from different member’s homes all over Clinton County. We generally have two to three groups to meet the speed and distance preferences of our members. We have a slower group that rides ten or so miles per hour; a medium group that rides 13 – 14 mph and a faster group that rides 15+ mph. We ride for an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half with the goal of all the groups finishing about the same time. We then have wine, cheese and great conversation!
- Spinning Classes: During the winter months, participants spin at the gym of their choice or at home.
- Tracking and Recognizing Progress: Women On Wheels uses the Map My Ride app as a vehicle to track and encourage spinning and other workouts.
- Monthly Learning & Recognition: W.O.W. hosts monthly meetings where information is presented on biking-related topics such as ‘Nutrition for Long Rides’, ‘Workouts & Stretching to Supplement Your Biking,’ and ‘Understanding & Selecting the Best Bike For You.’
- Special Events: All year long we do various special events such as Holiday parties, concerts, snow shoeing, and other fun stuff!
- Program Fee: The program fee is $49.00 and includes all of the above.
Women On Wheels (W.O.W.) is sponsored by Adirondack Cycling and Maui North Ski, Bike & Board Co.
To register for Women on Wheels…Click below: